8.28.2008

Tales from the office.



Late this afternoon I was meeting with some of my parents in our office when one of my teenage clients walks in helping another coworker with groceries. We greet each other and then after a few minutes she starts telling me that she had a lot of dreams last night. One in particular was about fish. Then she paused and told me in a very serious tone that when you dream of fish it could only mean two things. "What?" I asked. "Well either someone is going to have a baby or someone is going to come into town." And I asked, "Well which do you think it will be?" And here is the kicker, ladies and gentlemen:

"I think you are going to have a baby."

Cue deer in headlights.

The best part is that when I asked why she thought that, her statistical reasoning was that "most women after 6 months of marriage get pregnant. I know, I have a lot of nieces and nephews." It was just beyond hysterical. She spent the rest of the time I was in the office, passing by me saying "fishies!" It really cracked me up. But just to be on the safe side, I'm going to really make sure I'm popping those pills every morning!

4 comments:

albertandclaudia said...

that's a great story! lol. though lucas and the sofias would love to have another little cousin. :-)

karenb said...

wow..so your teenage client told you all this? so funny........
im with you..i pop my pills everyday!

Mango Gal said...

Oh boy! Time to go up to Defcon 5! When we hit the 7 month mark I was a little freaked out because that is when my mom got pregnant with me. Ahhh! creepy!

Jen said...

Omg lol.....I hate when people do that. Im sure they do it with good intentions but ahhh....no babies for me either yet pleease! lol